What you need:
-Panang Curry, or any Curry powder
-Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon
-Dried Orange Slices
-Red Chili Paste
-Coconut Oil or of choice
-Rice Wine Vinegar or of choice
-Optional: Gin, Cucumber
Orange Juice/Zest: 1/2
Garlic: 2-3 Cloves grated
Ginger: 1 Tbsp.
Asparagus: 1/2 bunch
Garlic: 1-2 cloves
Oil: 1 Tbsp
Panang Curry: 2 Tbsp.
Coconut Milk: 1/4 Cup.
Ginger: 1 Tbsp.
Chili Paste: 1 Tbsp.
Coconut Milk: 3 Tbsp.
Curry Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
Sliced Roasted Red Onion
Dried Orange Slice
Optional: Rose Petals
What to do:
1. Mise en Place, gather your ingredients and prep!
2. Start your marinate. In a bowl add the juice and zest of 1/2 and orange, 1/2 juice/zest of a lemon, 3 grated garlic cloves, 1 tbsp of grated ginger, and mix. (I wait until right before cooking salmon to add S/P). In a gallon bag add salmon and marinate. Set aside in fridge for at least 15 mins.
3. Start your curry sauce. Heat up skillet on medium heat, add oil garlic and ginger. Let cook for about 2 mins, then add your coconut milk and curry powder. Bring to a boil, add chili paste, salt, and pepper. Leave on low heat to keep warm.
4. Heat oven to 375 F. On sheet pan add oil, asparagus, and onions. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and mix. Roast for about 10-15 mins or until done. Move every 5 mins.
5. Curry Foam, add milk and powder to frother. Froth until foamy.
6. Time to cook the salmon.
7. Heat up nonstick pan or cast iron. Take salmon out of marinate, and pat dry (important for a crispy sear). Season salt/pepper. Add oil to pan, and drop salmon skin side down, Pat down. Cook for 3 mins per side (or 4-5 depending on thickness of salmon).
8. Once flipped baste the salmon with 1-2 Tbsp of butter and parsley. Take of pan, and let rest for 5-10 mins.
9. Dress your garnishes. Toss the pea sprouts in vinegar, segment the grapefruit, and cut the snow peas in half.
10. Assemble your plate. Spoon your curry sauce on the plate. Add Salmon skin side down, and add roasted asparagus to one side. Have fun with the rest, around the salmon plate grapefruit segments, snow peas, onions, and pea sprouts. Last add curry foam to empty spaces. Sprinkle salt.
Hendrick Cucumber Gin Cocktail.
2 oz. Gin
2 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Top with soda water
*Garnish with cucumber ribbon (use vegetable peeler) and parsley sprig.