Updated: May 4, 2020
What you need:
-Ginger, Cilantro, Garlic, Lemon Grass
-Fire Dragon Marinade ,Hoisen
-Rice Vine Vinegar
-Sriracha, Fish Sauce
-Optional: Golden Berries, Jalapenos
Ginger: Grated 2Tsp, Lemongrass: 2 Tsp
Cilantro: Handful, Garlic: 4 Cloves
Hoisin: 1/4 Cup
Fire Dragon Marinade: 3-4 Tsp
Orange Zest/Juice: 1/2
Garlic Bok Choy
Garlic: 4 Cloves
Rice Vinegar: 2 Tsp
Coconut Milk Cream: 3-4 Tsp
Peanut Butter: 1/2 Cup
Coconut Milk: 1 Can
Garlic: 3-4 Cloves
Ginger: 2 Tsp Zested
Zest of Orange, Lime and Juice
S/P/Vegeta, Cilantro:1/4 Cup, Sriracha
Jaow Som Inspired Sauce:
Fish Sauce: 1/4 Cup
Garlic: 2-3 Cloves
Thai Chilis: 2
Brown Sugar: 3-4 Tbsp
Lime Juice: 1/2
Cilantro: 5 Sprigs, Green Onion: 4-5 Sprigs
Roasted Golden Berries
What to do:
1. Mise en Place. Gather your ingredients and prep!
2. Get your steak marinated. To a gallon size bag add Ribeye. In a separate bowl add grated garlic, chopped cilantro, lemongrass, Fire Dragon Marinate, Hoisen, zest and juice of 1/2 orange and mix. Pour mixture over the steak and let sit for at least 30 mins .
3. Make your rice as directed. When done add your coconut milk and salt/pepper to taste.
4. Make your sauces. While your making your sauce take your steak out and set on counter to get to room temp for cooking. *Pro Tip: Preheat your cast iron in a 375 F oven to heat up. Cast iron's take a bit longer to heat up, you want it hot to get a nice crispy sear on your steak.
5. Peanut Sauce. On a nonstick pan add your oil and diced onion. Saute onion until soft. Add your peanut butter, 1/2 can of the coconut milk, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, ginger and mix. Let bubble slowly add the rest coconut milk or until right consistency. Add orange/lime zest, S/P/Sriracha to taste. Add chopped cilantro.
6. Jaew Som: to bowl add fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, S/P to taste, grated garlic, chopped Thai chilies, cilantro, and green onions. MIX.
8. Time to cook the steak! Take out of marinate and pat both sides dry (this will help get a nice crust). Take your preheated cast iron and put on the stove top and high. Add oil/butter to the pan.
9. Add steak to ripping hot and and cook each sides for 3 mins. Add back to oven for about 5-8 mins until up to temperature. Use a meat thermometer or the hand test.
10. Put your steak on a seasoned cutting board. I put it on top of salt, pepper, cilantro, and garlic. Let rest for 10-15 mins.
11. While resting make your garlic Bok Choy. In a pan add sesame oil (or any oil), and garlic. Let garlic cook for 1/2 mins. Then add Bok Choy. Cook about 5 mins, add salt/pepper. Finish with a splash of rice wine vinegar.
12. Assembly and enjoy!
Thai Iced Tea. Brew tea as instructed. Let cool. Add ice, condensed milk, and tea. Mix and enjoy.