Updated: May 5, 2020
What you need:
Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
Heat Proof Spatula
*Optional Candy Thermometer
Sugar: 1/2 Cup
Honey: 1/4 Cup
Water: 2 Tbsp.
Baking Soda: 2 Tsp.
Vanilla: 1/2 Tsp.
What to do:
1. Mise en Place. Measure and prep all your ingredients. Have your back soda measure in a small bowl. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
2. In a sauce pan whisk sugar, water, honey together.Heat over medium heat, let the sugar melt, and start to bubble. The mixture should be a clear, slight amber color.
2. I tested my luck, but you can use a thermometer its ready when it hits 300 F.
3. This is the fun part. Set off heat and quickly mix in your baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will start to bubble. *Don't over mix. you want the big bubbles..
4. Add mixture to your lined baking pan. Let cool for 1 hour.
5. Slowly remove from parchment paper.
6. Enjoy! Use as a garnish or just eat. *Add to class up some banana muffins.
Bees Knees Cocktail
2 oz Gin
1 oz Fresh lemon juice
1 oz. Honey syrup (1/2 tbsp. honey mixed with warm water.
Fill a shaker with ice, add booze, and shake! Pour into chilled Martini glass.
*Garnish with lemon peel.