Updated: May 3, 2020
What you need:
-Puff Pastry or Pie Dough
-Sugar, Salt, Vanilla, Cinnamon
-Heavy Cream,Cream Cheese
-Optional: Bourbon, Basil
Puff Pastry or Pie Dough
4-5 Apples (Mix Red/Green)
Lemon Juice: 1/2 Lemon
Fillings Two Ways
Cream Cheese Filling:
Cream Cheese: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 3 Tbsp (to taste)
Vanilla Extract: 1/4 Tsp.
Cinnamon: 1/2 Tsp.
Raspberry Bourbon Jam (or any jam)
Sugar : 1 Cup
Salt : 1/2 Tbsp
Bourbon: To taste in the sauce (and a glass for the cook)
Heavy Cream: 1/2 Cup
What to do:
1. Mise en Place, gather all your ingredients. Measure and prep. Cut the apples in half (from top to bottom), core, and slice thinly with sharp knife..or use a mandolin.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F, get your tin sprayed with any cooking spray.
3. Add apples to a large microwavable bowl fill with water and 1/2 juice from lemon. Microwave apples for 2-3 mins, until soft. Then drain water mixture and pat dry. (You want them soft! Not cooked)
4. Place your dough on a lightly floured board, roll out our dough. Cut the sheets lengthwise into about 3-4 strips.
5. Make your filling. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon until creamy. Open your jar of jam.
6. Brush your pastry or pie dough with jam or cream cheese. Alternate, mix them together, use just one... (the choice is yours).
7. Place the apple slices along the top half of the dough, overlapping them slightly as you lay them out. Fold the bottom half of the pastry up and slowly roll each strip to make a "muffin shaped" tart.
8. Bake for about 20-25 mins until dough is cooked.
9. While start on your caramel sauce. BE patient and watch the sugar. Cook on a nonstick pan until sugar is melted and golden brown. Once golden brown, turn off heat add butter, bourbon, salt, and heavy cream. Mix until creamy.
10. Take our our tarts, let cool for 5-10 mins.
11. Dust with powdered sugar, caramel, basil, and sugar art.
Bullet Bourbon Old Fashion
2 oz. Bourbon
1 Tbsp. Simple Syrup
2-3 Dashes of Bitters
Stir over ice
*Garnish with Luxardo Cherry, and Orange slice