What you need:
Curry Powder: 2 Tbsp
Salt/Pepper: To Taste
Oil: 1 Tbsp.
Arugula: 1/2 Cup
Grapefruit: 1/4 Juice/Zest
Honey: 1 Tbps.
Oil: 1 Tbps.
Cauliflower Puree: Frozen cauliflower, blended
Grapefruit: Cut into segments
Bacon: Chopped and cooked
Cucumber: Ribbons w/Peeler
Fennel Fronds (Top of the Fennel)
What to do:
1. Mise en Place. Gather and prep all your ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F. Add your cast iron to oven to heat up.
3. Roasted fennel. Cut of top of fennel (keep for garnish), bottom, and in half. Slice.In bowl add curry powder, salt, pepper, oil, and toss. Add to oven.
4. Arugula. In a bowl and grapefruit juice and zest, lemon, S/P, honey, and oil. Mix with a whisk until combined. Add your arugula and toss.
5. Start on your garnishes. Segment your grapefruit, chop of top/bottom (to make it stable), run your knife down the sides to get ride of the pith/skin, and cut out segments. Cucumber: lengthwise use your peeler and make "ribbons."
6. Take your cast iron out of the oven, and put on high heat stove top.
7. Bacon: Dice your bacon and add to cast iron, cook until done. (Keep the Oil in pan.)
8. Cauliflower Puree: Heat in pan or microwave safe bowl. Add to blender with splash of milk or water. Add S/P to taste and butter.
9. Scallops. Pat dry with paper towel, this will ensure a crispy crust. Cut 3-4 pats of butter, grab a few sprigs of time, and 1/4 of your grapefruit.
10. Salt/Pepper one side of the scallops. Add to hot cast iron. Cook 2 mins. While cooking S/P the other side.
11. Flip your Scallops, and add butter, thyme, and squeeze grapefruit. Cook for another 2 mins, and baste with butter mixture. Let rest for 5 mins.
12. Start to plate. Add puree to the bottom, arugula salad, scallops, and have fun with the rest!
Glass of Sauvignon Blanc
of your choice!